Skip to content
· midday · SPX · gold · silver · 10Y yield · FEDU

Tape Holding Gains But COMMS Drag and 10Y at 5.26% Demand Respect

SPX pushing toward $7,800 with REITs and Health leading, but a 5.261% 10-year yield and zero scanner qualifiers tell me this rally has a credibility problem heading into power hour.

Free · the premarket brief in your inbox every weekday

Not financial advice. Do your own research.

Mario's take

Morning came in orderly — no flush, no gap-fill chaos — but the tape character is softer than the green numbers suggest. COMMS is the only red sector and that's a drag on anything momentum-driven. The real story is a 10-year at 5.261% while REITs are up +1.42%. That's a disconnect I don't trust.

On my radar
  • FEDU $11.80 — RVOL 3.1x, float 22.6M, up +13.35%. Cleanest float on the scanner today. Watching for a consolidation above $11.20 heading into power hour — that's my trigger for a momentum continuation scalp.
  • MOGU $2.11 — RVOL 35.6x but float is 2.45B. That kills the trade for me. Flagging it only because the volume is real; I'm not touching it.
  • BKD $10.10 — down -7.26% but RVOL only 1.2x. Not enough volume behind the move to short with conviction. Pass.
Levels I care about
  • SPX $7,800 is the line right now — holding above it is bullish posture, but a failure to build on it before 2pm ET and I'm treating this as a fade setup into close.
  • Gold $4,213 and Silver +2.85% together signal inflation hedging is back on. That supports my bullion positioning.
  • 10Y at 5.261% is the number that keeps me from adding risk. If it pushes to 5.30%, REIT and rate-sensitive sector gains evaporate fast.
How I'm positioned

Scanner printed zero qualifiers out of 379 tickers — that tells me the actionable setups today are thin and I'm sizing accordingly. I'm holding my gold position through this move; $4,213 breaking higher confirms the thesis and I'm not trimming. BTC at $82,814 with Crypto Fear & Greed at 59 is constructive — I'm holding my core BTC position but not adding here. FEDU is the only day trade I'm considering, and only if it gives me a clean flag above $11.20 in the first 30 minutes of power hour. If SPX stalls under $7,820 by 2:30pm ET, I'm done adding anything today.

Reader takes

0 replies
Sign in to add a comment.

Be respectful. Slurs and harassment will be removed. Not financial advice.

Get the next brief in your inbox

One email each weekday. Same voice, same format, no spam.

Not financial advice. Do your own research.