Skip to content
· post-market · energy · tech · SPX · crude-oil · bitcoin

Energy Rips, Tech Drags, and My Scanner Went Quiet Today

SPX closed red at $7,767 as tech bled -1.76% and crude surged 3.38%. The scanner flagged zero qualified setups — here's what still moved and what I'm watching tomorrow.

Free · the premarket brief in your inbox every weekday

Not financial advice. Do your own research.

Mario's take

Ugly day for tech longs, solid day if you were sitting in energy. SPX closed at $7,767.16 (-0.44%) but the headline number flatters the tape — TECH -1.76% with ENERGY +2.93% is a meaningful rotation, not noise.

On my radar
  • FEDU $10.50 — RVOL 4.1x on a tight float of 22.6M. This one actually has the cleanest setup of the scanner's top longs. Want to see it reclaim $10.75 tomorrow with volume. Float story is real.
  • MAX $10.65 — up 10.19% off the 200 SMA bounce. RVOL is only 1.8x so I'm not chasing, but a pullback to $10.20 with a hold would interest me.
  • CIFR $13.50 — crypto miner down 7.28% while Crypto Fear & Greed sits at 64 (Greed). That's a disconnect. Either the broader crypto sentiment catches up to CIFR's weakness, or CIFR is the tell. I'm watching for continuation below $13.00.
Levels I care about
  • SPX $7,740 is the line I'm defending — lose that and I think we test $7,690 fast with tech still acting heavy.
  • Crude $91.26 breakout is real. $93.50 is my next target; energy equities haven't fully priced this move yet.
  • Gold $4,153 holding firm. $4,120 is my stop-loss line on the bullion thesis.
How I'm positioned

Scanner came up empty on qualified setups — zero out of 394 tickers. That's a message. I sized down on day trades accordingly and I'm glad I did. My energy exposure through bullion and a small crude-linked position is working. BTC at $81,739 with Crypto Fear & Greed at 64 while the stock market Fear & Greed is at 38 (Fear) is a divergence I'm not ignoring — crypto is acting independently right now, and not in a healthy way given the BTC price is sliding. I trimmed half my BTC position into today's weakness. Gold stays. Tomorrow I want to see if tech can stabilize at the open or if the selling accelerates — that answer determines whether I add to index longs or stay flat. First trade I'm considering is a long on FEDU if it gaps flat and holds $10.30 in the first 15 minutes.

Reader takes

0 replies
Sign in to add a comment.

Be respectful. Slurs and harassment will be removed. Not financial advice.

Get the next brief in your inbox

One email each weekday. Same voice, same format, no spam.

Not financial advice. Do your own research.