SPX Pushing $7,722 But 5.29% Yields Are the Real Story Today
Futures are green, tech and consumer are leading, but a 10Y yield at 5.29% is a pressure point the market hasn't fully priced. Here's what I'm watching at the open.
Free · the premarket brief in your inbox every weekday
Not financial advice. Do your own research.
Live tape — what this brief is about
SPX is up overnight and tech is carrying the tape again, but I'm not chasing this open — not with the 10Y yield sitting at 5.29% and the Fear & Greed Index at 38 (Fear). The disconnect between equity momentum and bond market stress is real, and it's the kind of setup that reverses fast.
On my radar
- CABO $12.21 — RVOL 2.9x, float only 5.7M. That's a micro-float monster. Up 17.86% pre-market and the float is tight enough to squeeze hard. I want to see a clean consolidation above $11.80 before I touch it — a break below that and this thing gets sold off fast.
- NNBR $4.51 — RVOL 5.0x, float 77.1M, up 24.24%. Larger float means I need more conviction on the setup. Watching $4.20 as my entry trigger on a pullback with volume confirmation. Not chasing the gap.
- STLA $4.40 — down 6.18% on catalyst-driven momentum to the downside. RVOL only 1.4x so I'm not aggressive here, but if it loses $4.25 on volume I may take a small short with a tight stop at $4.55.
Levels I care about
- SPX $7,722 is where we opened — I need to see it hold $7,680 intraday or this becomes a fade. A flush through $7,680 targets $7,620.
- Gold $4,187 with silver ripping +2.35% is a divergence worth noting — precious metals are acting like a flight-to-safety trade even as equities grind up.
- 10Y Yield 5.29% is the ceiling I'm watching. A push to 5.35% today would pressure rate-sensitive names hard — REITs and utilities will feel it first.
How I'm positioned
I'm holding my gold position through this rally — the silver/gold combo move this morning confirms the thesis. No adds yet; I want gold to prove $4,200 before I size up. BTC at $85,870 with Crypto Fear & Greed at 70 (Greed) is flashing a short-term caution flag for me — I trimmed 10% of my BTC position overnight and I'm not adding back until we clear $88,000 with conviction. Day trade sizing today is 75% normal until I see how SPX handles $7,680 in the first 30 minutes. If it holds, I'll get active on CABO.
Reader takes
0 repliesBe respectful. Slurs and harassment will be removed. Not financial advice.
Get the next brief in your inbox
One email each weekday. Same voice, same format, no spam.
Not financial advice. Do your own research.