Skip to content

SPX Rips, BTC Slips — AHT Prefs on Fire

SPX futures push toward $7,800 while BTC drops 3% and gold fades. One clear scanner setup worth watching at the open.

Free · the premarket brief in your inbox every weekday

Not financial advice. Do your own research.

Live tape — what this brief is about

Live ·· Market open
Mario's take

SPX is pressing near multi-month highs with tech leading at +1.67%, but this is a mixed tape — BTC -2.88%, gold -1.10%, silver -2.86%, and COMMS dragging at -1.11%. The 10Y yield sitting at 5.038% with REITs red tells me the bond market hasn't given the all-clear, and the CNN Fear & Greed at 29 (Fear) while equities rip is a divergence I'm not ignoring.

On my radar
  • AHT-PG $4.58 — RVOL 11.7x, up 63.57% overnight. Float unknown, but preferred share squeezes in the same series (AHT-PH and AHT-PI moving in lockstep) suggest a catalyst at the holding-company level. I want a 5-min consolidation above $4.25 before any entry — chasing a 63% move pre-market is how you get wrecked.
  • RCUS $19.10 — down 19.58% on RVOL 2.2x. Catalyst-driven flush. If it can't reclaim $20.00 in the first 15 minutes, I'm watching for continuation short toward $17.50.
Levels I care about
  • SPX $7,757 is where we're sitting — I need to see it hold $7,700 on any opening dip or this move looks exhausted.
  • Crude $99.38 pushing toward $100 is the real story. A clean break above $100 reactivates energy longs I've been sitting on.
  • Gold $4,104 — the pullback from highs. I'm not panicking; $4,000 is my line. Below that and I reassess the bullion thesis.
  • BTC $81,605 — Crypto Fear & Greed at 68 (Greed) while price drops 3% is a red flag. $80,000 is the support I'm watching.
How I'm positioned

I'm holding gold through this dip with a stop below $4,000. My BTC position is untouched but I'm not adding here — Greed reading at 68 with price fading is not a buy signal. Energy longs get a trim if crude reverses off $100. On the day-trade side, I'm sizing at 50% normal risk until the tape clarifies — one qualified scanner name with unknown float is not a green light to go full send. I'll watch AHT-PG for the first 15 minutes and only act if there's a clean flag. Today's action: set alerts at SPX $7,700 and crude $100, then wait.

Reader takes

0 replies
Sign in to add a comment.

Be respectful. Slurs and harassment will be removed. Not financial advice.

Get the next brief in your inbox

One email each weekday. Same voice, same format, no spam.

Not financial advice. Do your own research.